Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Are you there God? It's me, Future Mom of Bee

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but every time I get my period I feel like the main character, Margaret, from the book, "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret." Of course, my version would be slightly different.

Are you there God? It's me, Future Mom of Bee. Boy am I glad to see Aunt Flo again. All of my other friends get to see her each month, but I only get to a few times a year. Thanks a lot, PCOS. Not that I'm complaining - This means I'm one step closer to having a baby in my arms. 

I finally got ahold of my nurse today, who told me I can start taking birth control pills again starting tomorrow. After a month of pills I'll go into my doctor for a baseline ultrasound. Then I'll do 2-3 weeks of Estradiol Valerate injections (twice a week). Then I'll go in around August 25th to do my frozen embryo transfer (FET). Just a month and a half. A month and a half to eat well, exercise and stay calm.

I have to say, even though I know that what is in the freezer is an embryo, I miss it. Them. All 20 of them. I fight the urge to ask the nurses how the freezer babies look. To think that these embryos have the potential to be our kids, and that they could just be 9 short months away from being babies, makes me emotional. It's probably all the extra hormones making me totally nuts.

I don't know how many updates I'll have in the meantime, but I'm really hoping that after August 25th this finally gets to turn into a pregnancy blog.  We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment