Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Doctor Follow-Up

My doctor just gave me a call with my ultrasound results. Even though I had a positive on the ovulation predictor kit (OPK) she's not sure if I ovulated. I had many small follicles, but no large ones that would tell if I had ovulated. My lining was also only at 3.1, which is way too thin to conceive or sustain a pregnancy.

She wasn't sure why I got a positive on the OPK when it doesn't look like I ovulated or why I got 4 positives last month. She does want me to come by tomorrow to talk with her and also pick up some Progesterone supplements, which should increase my lining.

The doctor I spoke with yesterday told me that if I was her patient that she would send me to a reproductive expert. Since that's not covered by my insurance I've been really reluctant to go to an RE. If that happens to be the way that everything works out we will make it work, I just hope that my body comes through for us.   Mr. Bee has had his little guys checked and thankfully, all of that looks great. So even though that's amazing news, I know the problem is with me, and as reassuring as he is, I'm hating that it's my fault we don't have kids yet. I know that there is a right time for everything, that I am not the most patient person and that I am worlds ahead health-wise of where I was last year. I take nothing for granted, and even though I feel selfish for expecting more from life I can't help it. At least I'm aware of it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment