Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Most Depressing Childhood Songs of All Time

I've taken two pregnancy tests in the past four days and they've all come back negative. I went in to take the Beta test this morning and am just waiting for the official word that IUI #1 was a bust. I've already had cramps, had an obsession with Chocolate Covered Almonds with Sea Salt from Trader Joes and been a complete bitch. Then yesterday while I was driving to work the song "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story came on the radio. And I just about lost it.

I told Mr. Bee about my lamesauceness and he asked me, "Why did that song make you sad? That's not even a sad movie!" And it's not. I mean, it ends happily. They all do. All 1-however many there are. But the whole abandoning toys that love you and thinking about having kids (or not being able to have kids) that one day abandon their toys...I don't know. Clearly I'm totally crazy.

Then last night we were watching Glee and once we saw them pick up the Willy Wonka tape I just knew that they were going to play "Pure Imagination." I sat there and looked at Mr. Bee and said, "If they play that song, I'm going to bawl. In fact, I bet that they do a video montage and it's going to be 100000x worse."

Guess what non-Gleeks? They did. And I bawled. So we started on the topic of some of the saddest childhood songs of all-time. Here's what we came up with:

1. My Mother - The Chipmunks Movie
2. Baby Mine - Dumbo. Also, the Alison Krauss version is just as amazing and depressing.
3. Candle on the Water - Pete's Dragon
4. Cheer Up Charlie - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
5. Goodbye May Seem Forever - Fox and the Hound
6. Someone's Waiting For You - The Rescuers

I know that there's more out there, but there's our list. Have any super sad songs to add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. The "Baby Mine" scene in Dumbo turns me into a blubbering idiot.

    I would also add another song from the Toy Story series: "When Somebody Loved Me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere Out There - An American Tail. I cry every time.

    I'm sorry you guys are going through all of this, you are a champ! Thinking good thoughts for you. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete