Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Most Depressing Childhood Songs of All Time
I told Mr. Bee about my lamesauceness and he asked me, "Why did that song make you sad? That's not even a sad movie!" And it's not. I mean, it ends happily. They all do. All 1-however many there are. But the whole abandoning toys that love you and thinking about having kids (or not being able to have kids) that one day abandon their toys...I don't know. Clearly I'm totally crazy.
Then last night we were watching Glee and once we saw them pick up the Willy Wonka tape I just knew that they were going to play "Pure Imagination." I sat there and looked at Mr. Bee and said, "If they play that song, I'm going to bawl. In fact, I bet that they do a video montage and it's going to be 100000x worse."
Guess what non-Gleeks? They did. And I bawled. So we started on the topic of some of the saddest childhood songs of all-time. Here's what we came up with:
1. My Mother - The Chipmunks Movie
2. Baby Mine - Dumbo. Also, the Alison Krauss version is just as amazing and depressing.
3. Candle on the Water - Pete's Dragon
4. Cheer Up Charlie - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
5. Goodbye May Seem Forever - Fox and the Hound
6. Someone's Waiting For You - The Rescuers
I know that there's more out there, but there's our list. Have any super sad songs to add to the list?