Thursday, November 14, 2013

Letters to Bee: 7 Weeks

Baby Bee,

I like to think I'm seeing your face here,
but it could really be anything.
I haven't written in a little while, but you're 7 weeks, 4 days old! The last two weeks have been some of the most stressful of my life, worrying if you were going to be our sticky baby. So far, it looks like our dreams are coming true!

A was nice enough to come out over the weekend for the 7 week ultrasound. We all gathered in the exam room and your dad and I hugged and closed our eyes while we waited for the ultrasound. When we looked up, there you were! We weren't quite sure what we were looking at, but we could see your strong heartbeat flickering up on the screen. I cried. I could have watched that screen forever.

Of course, I tried to get more details like what your heart rate was, but was told I had to wait two more weeks until I'd get to know. Waiting is so hard, and for some reason, I'm still not learning patience.

This week you're a blueberry, and by the time I see you next, you'll already be an olive. Next time, you might be a horse. These fruits and vegetables are pretty silly. I know that you're the strongest out of all of our embryos, and so many people are keeping you in their prayers. Don't give A too much trouble these next couple weeks, and grow, grow, grow!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment