Thursday, November 14, 2013

Letters to Bee: Week 11

My Little Bee -

You're just about 12 weeks old, and from what I heard at the last ultrasound, a little jumping gummy bear! We tried to get you to show off for us during the ultrasound on Monday, but you were being shy and hiding most of the time. I was so happy that the doctor confirmed that you were right on track for growth and that you had a beautiful heartbeat. I can't wait to see you at the next scan!

It's so hard to explain the love that I already have for you. I've been so cautious not to get my hopes up, but when we hear good news at the doctor it gives me a small reprieve and I'm so incredibly excited to be your mom.

We had chromosome testing this week to make sure that you're healthy, and we'll hear back on that and if you're a baby boy or girl. I used to dream about what sex I'd have, but through all of the trials we've been through, I just want you to be happy and healthy. Boy or girl, your dad and I will be thrilled.

Since we're both over the fruit you're the size of this week (especially since the OB shook her head at me when I said you were a lime this week,) I decided to consult a more manly version of "How Big Are You This Week". On Saturday, you're going to be a half eaten corn dog, or the size of a small measuring tape!

You've already brought me so much happiness and hope, and I can't wait to meet you soon!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment